|NATURE OF TRIP||Trekking|
|LOCATION||Spiti to Ladakh|
|DURATION||12 Days (Kaza to Karzok)|
|TREKKING DAYS||12 Days|
|MAXIMUM ALTITUDE||Parang La 5580 msl|
|SEASON||July -Aug & Oct|
|ACCOMODATION||Alpine Camping ‐ 11 Nights|
|GROUP SIZE||Maximum of 05 persons + My India Touring Team|
Day 1 :Arrival in Kaza from Manali (Driving Distance 202 Kms)
Day 2 :Rest & Acclimatization Day at Chicham (Driving Distance : 18 Kms)
Day 3 :Rest & Acclimatization Day at Chicham
Day 4 :Chicham to Thaltak Altitude : 4270 M to 4693 M Distance Covered : 8 KM
Day 5 :Thaltak to Borochin Altitude : 4693 M to 5100 M Distance Covered : 12 KM
Day 6 :Borochin to Kharsa Yongma via Parang La (5580 M) Altitude : 5100 M to 4850 M Distance Covered : 14 KM
Day 7 :Kharsa Yongma to Kapapuche Altitude : 4850 M to 4700 M Distance Covered : 20 KM
Day 8 :Kapapuche to Kitpodansa Altitude : 4700 M to 4550 M Disctance Covered : 20 KM
Day 9 :Kitpodansa to Chumik Shilde Altitude : 4550 M to 4704 M Distance Covered : 18 KM
Day 10 :Chumik Shilde to Kiangdom Altitude : 4704 M to 4588 M Distance Covered : 14 KM
Day 11 :Kiangdom to Karzok Altitude : 4588 M to 4615 M Distance Covered : 21.5 KM
Day 12 :Karzok to Leh : 240 Kms drive
TREK COST INCLUDES
1. High quality Camping arrangements.
2. Transport from & back to Manali as per the itinerary.
3. 2 guides for the group of maximum 15 trekkers so 1 guide for 8 group members.
4. All meals starting from dinner on Day 1 till lunch on Day 5.
5. Porter/mule charges for carrying camping equipment & rations.
6. Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any).
7. First aid kit (our guides are CPR certified in handling first aid situations).
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
Accommodation in Manali
Soft drinks, beverages, etc.
Any meals/services not mentioned above
Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
*Rs. 390 Mandatory Insurance.
Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
List of Essentials
– Full Sleeves Shirts / T‐shirts, Track Suit / Trekking Pants
– Windproof jacket of decent quality preferably with a hood, Raincoat / Poncho
– Fleece Jacket, Thermal inner wear (upper & lower).
– Woollen cap/ gloves/socks & regular socks (3‐4 pairs)/skullcap.
– Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes.
– Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
– Day pack, Carry rain cover for your bags.
– Remember to carry an extra suitcase as you will be carrying back a whole lot of experiences from your Ladakh holiday with My India Touring
– In case you are planning to put your bag on a mule or taking a porter please get a duffel bag or rucksack and keep it in mind that there is a possibility that the bag at times might brush against a rock or a tree and get slightly damaged so don’t get very expensive bags. Also in case of damage we shall not be held accountable.
-We are not responsible for any mishappening, due to weather conditions, natural disaster, any kind of accident, etc.
Cost of the Trek
-Double sharing basis (2 persons sharing a tent & room) : INR 11,500/‐ per person
-Single sharing basis (1 person to a tent & room) : INR 15,000/‐ per person
|Parang La trek is an ancient trade route between the Spiti in Himachal, Tibet & Changthang in Ladakh region. Parang La trek can be started from either Karzok village in Leh or from Chicham / Kibber village in Spiti. The trail takes you to a maximum altitude of around 5600 meters to Parang La & follows the Pare Chu river which goes to Tibet & re-enters India. The main attraction of the trail is the old yet dynamic mountain features which resemble a unique pattern of being under the sea for a long time & houses some of the unique fossils. The trail has vast meadows which were a grazing ground for horses from Spiti Valley. The most amazing part of the trek is the walk along the Tso Moriri Lake for complete 2 days where the lake offers different shades of blue with many unclimbed peaks in the background. The endpoint is Karzok village which houses one of the old & powerful monasteries in Leh.|
Fireballs Adventures takes utmost care to ensure safety of its clients. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Fireballs Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Distt – Kullu Himachal Pradesh only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trip/program/activities.
Location is everything
The Parang La trail follows the traditional trade route between the people of Spiti, Changthang and Tibet. It begins after the high-altitude meadows of Kibber, breeding ground of the famous Spiti horses and also known to be snow leopard country.