|NATURE OF TRIP||Trekking|
|LOCATION||Manali, Billing, Himachal Pradesh|
|DURATION||11 Days (Manali ‐ Kangra)|
|TREKKING DAYS||11 Days|
|MAXIMUM ALTITUDE||Bara Bhangal 2900 msl,Thamsar 4875 msl & Kalihani Pass 4725 msl|
|SEASON||July -Aug & Oct|
|ACCOMODATION||Alpine Camping ‐ 11 Nights|
|GROUP SIZE||Maximum of 05 persons + My India Touring Team|
Day 1 :Manali to Sangchar (2343 m) – 30 km Drive. Sangchar to Jammu Paani (3000 m) – Trek
Day 2 :Jammu Paani (3000 m) to Pani Dhar
Day 3 :Pani Dhar to Riyali Thatch (3647 m)
Day 4 :Riyali Thatch (3647m) to Saghor – Kalihani Pass Base (4000m)
Day 5 :Shingor [Kalihani Pass Base] to Devi Ki Marhi (3850 m) via Kalihani Pass (4725 m)
Day 6 :Devi Ki Marhi – Dal Marhi (3900 m)
Day 7 :Dal Marhi to Bara Bhangal (2900 m)
Day 8 :Bara Bhangal to Mardh (3830m)
Day 9 :Mardh to Plachak (2721m) via Thamsar Pass (4875 m) m) – Billing (2400 m)
Day 10 :Plachak to Rajgundha (2440 m) to Billing (2400 m)
Day 11 :Reserve Day
TREK COST INCLUDES
1. High quality Camping arrangements.
2. Transport from & back to Manali as per the itinerary.
3. 2 guides for the group of maximum 15 trekkers so 1 guide for 8 group members.
4. All meals starting from dinner on Day 1 till lunch on Day 5.
5. Porter/mule charges for carrying camping equipment & rations.
6. Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any).
7. First aid kit (our guides are CPR certified in handling first aid situations).
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
Accommodation in Manali
Soft drinks, beverages, etc.
Any meals/services not mentioned above
Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
*Rs. 390 Mandatory Insurance.
Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
List of Essentials
– Full Sleeves Shirts / T‐shirts, Track Suit / Trekking Pants
– Windproof jacket of decent quality preferably with a hood, Raincoat / Poncho
– Fleece Jacket, Thermal inner wear (upper & lower).
– Woollen cap/ gloves/socks & regular socks (3‐4 pairs)/skullcap.
– Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes.
– Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
– Day pack, Carry rain cover for your bags.
– Remember to carry an extra suitcase as you will be carrying back a whole lot of experiences from your Ladakh holiday with My India Touring.
– In case you are planning to put your bag on a mule or taking a porter please get a duffel bag or rucksack and keep it in mind that there is a possibility that the bag at times might brush against a rock or a tree and get slightly damaged so don’t get very expensive bags. Also in case of damage we shall not be held accountable.
-We are not responsible for any mishappening, due to weather conditions, natural disaster, any kind of accident, etc.
Cost of the Trek
-Double sharing basis (2 persons sharing a tent & room) : INR 11,500/‐ per person
-Single sharing basis (1 person to a tent & room) : INR 15,000/‐ per person
|The alpine terrain between the Kullu Valley and Dharamshala is one of the most spectacular and little known regions of the Western Himalaya. The Bara Bhangal trek takes one from the lush green Kullu valley to the steak landscapes of Bara Bhangal range. The Bara Bhangal trail, crossing the Dhauladhar range to connect the Kullu and Kangra valleys, is one of the most challenging routes starting from the Kullu Valley. The long and isolated route involves crossing two high altitude passes – Kalihani Pass at 4725 m and Thamsar Pass at 4875 m – and descending to the remote Bara Bhangal village – at least two days’ walk away from civilization by any route and cut off from the rest of the world for the better half of the year. This trek is challenging and thus must be attempted by experienced trekkers only. The trail takes you across green grasslands, flower-laden campsites, meandering rivers, numerous waterfalls, moraines and glaciers, glacial lakes and some of the most outstanding scenery. The passes give you epic views of the some of the prominent peaks of the Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal range of Himalayas. The best time to do this trek is in the pre-monsoon month of June or in the post-monsoon months of mid-September and October.|
Fireballs Adventures takes utmost care to ensure safety of its clients. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, Fireballs Adventures will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Distt – Kullu Himachal Pradesh only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trip/program/activities.
Location is everything
The Bara Bhangal trek, also known as the Shepherds trail trek takes you over Kalihani and Thamsar passes and is a traverse from the popular tourist town of Manali to the Himalayan Paragliding hub, Bir. This long trek does not go too high and camps at below 4000m on all days.